I’ve been devouring my “magazines to read” pile. I came across an excellent article on trust in Associations Now magazine by Michelle and Dennis Reina. It’s critical to being a good leader, which seems to be something everyone should know if they don’t. However, one little sidebar on the article really stood out to me… not so much as a business tip but rather a personal goal.
I want to be trustworthy. And I thought this was a great list of what it takes for others to put their trust in you.
We are inclined to trust leaders…
- who are self-aware
- who take responsibility for their role in the relationship
- who demonstrate that they consider the best interests of others rather than just themselves
- who do what they say they will do
- who practice the values they tell us are important to them
- who listen and respond to our needs and interests
Wow… may God help me to be a person like this.